The Greater Broadway District has contracted California Patrol Operations (CPO) to provide proactive patrol service and call response services beginning April 13, 2020.
Crimes in progress should always be reported to the Police Department (non-emergency matters to 916-808-5471 and emergencies to 911. CPO encourages businesses to call upon our team for any concerns of a security, safety or nuisance nature. CPO's 24- hour Dispatch Center can be reached at 916-995-6493.
When calling, be prepared to tell the dispatcher that you are calling from the Greater Broadway District, your business name and address, and the concern you have along with any applicable descriptions of persons or vehicles involved.
CPO is contracted by the business improvement district and is not directly contracted by participating businesses. As a result, CPO's ability to legally enforce trespassing ordinances on your property depends on your willingness to appoint CPO as your limited agent. State Law and City ordinance state that the person enforcing against trespassing has to be the “owner, lessee, person lawfully in charge of private property, or the agent thereof.”
In order for CPO to:
- Proactively enforce against trespassing on your property, to
- Issue official notices of trespass to violators and to
- Take enforcement action (arrest) violators of an issued notice of trespass
- Provide CPO and GBD with a legible, complete, signed Notice of Agency and
- Provide CPO with a 24-hour contact phone number for use in emergencies
If you wish for CPO to proactively address trespassing on your property or to issue and enforce Notice of Trespass documents with violators, please complete an NOA form and return it to GBD without delay. You may return the form to GBD by:
- Mailing it to us at PO Box 188182, Sacramento, CA 95818
- Scanning/E-mailing it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For e-mails, use a subject line of: Greater Broadway District NOA for [BUSINESS NAME] We look forward to working with you toward the continued enhancement of your business community.