SMUD’s catering solicitation is expected to open by the end of January and SMUD will award MULTIPLE
three-year contracts to SEED qualified businesses that meet the minimum contract requirements.
To become SEED qualified, vendors must be certified as a small business and have their headquarters
within SMUD territory for a minimum of 6 months.
Complete your SEED qualification before the bid opens by following the steps provided below.
1. Get certified with the CA Department of General Services as a small business for free here.
If you would like assistance with your small business certification, the CA Department of General
Services is holding a free workshop on January 26, 2023 and you can register here.
2. Create an account in SMUD’s Electronic Bid Solicitation System (EBSS)
• Be sure to include your DGS certification # and expiration date
3. Set up your business account in SMUD’s Ariba Solicitation portal where you will access bid
documents and submit your response
• Follow the link above and select any solicitation DOC number
• Click “Respond to Posting”
• Click “Register Now”
For more information or for assistance with becoming SEED, please call or email Alexia Hughes at
Alexia.Hughes@smud.org or 916-732-4999. Virtual consultations are also
available by appointment.